sexta-feira, maio 11, 2007

"But not for such as you and I"

Me peguei em casa de manhã cedo cantando The Smiths. Já escrevi aqui que na adolescência gostava deles porque, entre outras coisas, curtia fazer pose de desolado, com fundamentais reflexões, profundas e desconsoladas.

Até onde era pose e até onde vez por outra continua sendo real, isso não posso (não?) responder. Mas sei o motivo da música, hoje.

"I know it's over" - The Smiths

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head

And as I climb into an empty bed... Oh well. Enough said.

I know it's over - still I cling I don't know where else I can go (over and over and over...)

Oh ... Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head...

See, the sea wants to take me, the knife wants to slit me, Do you think you can help me ?

Sad veiled bride, please be happy. Handsome groom, give her room... Loud, loutish lover, treat her kindly (Though she needs you More than she loves you)

And I know it's over - still I cling I don't know where else I can go Over and over and over and over Over and over...

I know it's over And it never really began But in my heart it was so real

And you even spoke to me, and said :

"If you're so funny Then why are you on your own tonight ?

And if you're so clever then why are you on your own tonight ?

If you're so very entertaining then why are you on your own tonight ?

If you're so very good-looking Why do you sleep alone tonight ?"

I know ... 'Cause tonight is just like any other night, that's why you're on your own tonight

With your triumphs and your charms, while they're in each other's arms..."

It's so easy to laugh It's so easy to hate It takes strength to be gentle and kind Over, over, over, over It's so easy to laugh It's so easy to hate It takes guts to be gentle and kind Over, over...

Love is Natural and Real But not for you, my love Not tonight, my love Love is Natural and Real But not for such as you and I, my love...

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head ...

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head ...

(till fade)

Nenhum comentário: